SUM Bible College and Theological Seminary has always been committed to providing a powerful, Spirit-filled undergraduate experience. Our primary aim is to assist students in responding to and being equipped for Jesus’ commission.
SUM Bible College and Theological Seminary admits students in the Fall, Winter and Spring trimesters. In order to be officially admitted, each applicant must complete an application packet and receive a letter of admission. Applicants meeting admission requirements are considered without regard to race, color, creed, sex, or physical limitations. A high value is placed upon applicants who express a call to ministry.
International Students seeking to pursue a degree with SUM as an I-20 student, must complete the Admissions process (How to Apply Undergraduate, How to Apply Graduate) and enroll as a full time student living at the main campus in El Dorado Hills, CA.
Additional Requirements for Admissions as an International Student:
- Submit an annual financial certification showing financial sponsorship for the duration of the academic program.
- International students for whom English is not their native language are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and submit their scores to the Admissions Office. A score of at least 550 (TOEFL Paper) or 80 (internet-based) is required for admission. Our institutional code number is C151. Fore more information about TOEFL requirement, please visit TOEFL.
- International transfer students must provide evidence of good standing from any previous college in order to transfer to SUM.
- Notification must be made to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security concerning any change of an international student’s status.
- International Students must show proof of financial ability to pay for school costs plus living expenses before an I-20 form is issued. For estimated cost of attendance, please look at the Tuition Page.
- International students must maintain at least 6 credits (for Graduate Studies) and 10 credits (for Undergraduate Studies) each term.
For a step by step guide to studying in the United States, please visit Guide to Studying in the States
If you have questions or need help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 306-1628
Our office is open Monday–Friday.
SUM is permitted by the US Department of Homeland Security to issue I-20; however, the United States embassy has the final authority for student visa approval. SUM does not provide English training for international students who lack the English language skills required to pass the TOEFL. SUM will assist the international student secure his or her I-20, but the student is responsible for all financial requirements and fees.