Greetings in the matchless name our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
With great joy I welcome you to SUM Bible College and Theological Seminary. An incredible privilege has been bestowed upon us, the call of God to ministry. It is almost too wonderful to imagine that a sovereign God desires to use us with all our weaknesses to advance the message of the Kingdom and to display His power, “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us” (1 Cor. 4:7). It truly is a humbling and holy calling to which we have been called.
SUM Bible College and Theological Seminary (SUM) was founded upon simple biblical truths:
- Humanity needs of a Savior. “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” (Rom. 3:23) God sent Jesus Christ to save us from our sins.“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
- God sent Jesus Christ to save us from our sins. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
- God placed an urgency upon the message. “Do you not say, ‘There are yet four months, and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look on the fields, that they are white for harvest.” (John 4:35)
- He advances this message through His servants/ministers who in turn train His followers. “And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, or the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ.” (Eph. 4:11-12)
- He equips His servants/ministers with not only the message, but the authority and power to carry out that message with signs following, proclamation backed by demonstration. “And He called the twelve together, and gave them power and authority over all the demons and to heal diseases. And He sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to perform healing.” (Luke 9:1-2)
- He calls His servants/ministers to be servants of all. “And he sat down, and called the twelve, and said unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.” (Mark 9:35)
God is raising up a fearless generation; a generation committed to carry the message of the Kingdom of God to the ends of the earth. The church is in its finest hour; the flame of the Holy Spirit burns bright. His servants in the face of adversity declare “…the gates of hell shall not prevail against it!” (Matt. 16:18)
I encourage you to embrace the mission with passion!
George A. Neau
Principles, Purposes, and Goals
The following principles, purposes, and goals, were duly drafted through a committee with various representatives from within SUM Bible College and Theological Seminary. It was approved with amendments by the Executive Committee in the summer of 2014.
The Mission of SUM Bible College and Theological Seminary is guided by the following Foundational Principles, institutional goals and objectives which form the basis of SUM’s educational programs.