Once a student has been accepted into SUM, an academic record is created in the CampusVue database (“back-end”). Students may keep track of their official course work, attendance, grades, bills and financial aid through CampusVue Student Portal.
If this is the first time logging in, the student should create a “front-end” account.
- Please click on this link portal.sum.edu or copy and paste the link to your webpage https://portal.sum.edu/
- Click on Student Portal Homepage
- Click the Create a New Account link
- If you are a US citizen, enter it in the Social Security # field.
- If you do not have a Social Security number, or do not remember your SSN, then please enter in the Student ID number that was assigned to you when you received your acceptance letter.
- Type in the First Name and Last Name exactly as it appeared on the Student Application.
- Then, click Next.
- You will be prompted to enter in a unique, personalized password.
- Please save this username and password in a secure location, and regularly log in to CampusVue Student Portal to keep track of your academic progress.
Visual Tutorial: How to Create a New Account on CampusVue Student Portal
If the user has already created the account, follow these steps:
- Go to portal.sum.edu
- Click Student Portal
- A student’s username will always follow this naming convention: lastname.firstname
- For example, John Smith’s username would be “smith.john” (without the quotation marks.)