SUM-Springfield follows the vision and values of Freedom City Church. We are dedicated to reaching people far from God in the urban centers of the world with the hope of Jesus Christ in order to grow together as committed Christ-followers. We evangelize and disciple the hurting and marginalized with the hope of Jesus Christ through outreach, worship, teaching, residential recovery homes, and planting life-giving churches in urban centers around the world. Our diverse community is a representation of all the people Jesus came to save.
Our CORE VALUES define our culture and shape our movement:
- “All are welcome.”- DIVERSITY sets at the table.
- “We are fam!”- Relationships are the essence and life is enjoyed best in an authentic COMMUNITY.
- “Those forgiven much love much.”- We love and are not ashamed to express our PASSION for Jesus.
- “Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is FREEDOM!” .”- We value and cultivate the PRESENCE OF GOD.
- “Who you working with?”- We are all called to make DISCIPLES, not just converts.
- “Anointed BIBLE TEACHING is the primary catalyst for life change.”
- “Think big; start small.”- Develop your God-given VISION.
- “It’s all about Jesus!”- Everything we do must bring pleasure and honor to JESUS.
- “Go beyond the walls!”- We are on MISSION until the whole world knows Jesus Christ.
- “Leadership matters.”- We equip and empower godly servant LEADERSHIP who change the world.
- “Not willing to scrub toilets. You can’t lead.”- We will honor and prefer one another in HUMILITY.
- “Keep it real!”- Nobody’s perfect! We work through TRANSPARENCY.
- “We serve hard!”- We are here for SERVICE in the world not to be served.
- “God deserves our very best.”- EXCELLENCE honors God and inspires people.
Addiction Recovery,Administration, Benevolence, Children, Church Planting, Evangelism, Hospitality, Media, Outreach, Pastoral, Preaching, Prison, Security, Teaching, Worship, Youth. We have free housing for students who serves 20 Hours a week at Freedom City Church.
Housing Available: Yes